Saturday, March 17, 2012

Mondays and Thursdays Fasting

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allah SalAllahu Alyehe Wasallam said, “Deeds are shown (to Allah) on Mondays and Thursdays, and I like my deeds to be shown when I am Fasting.” [Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 747; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb, 1041]

♥ It was narrated from Abu Qataadah al-Ansaari that the Messenger of Allah SalAllahu Alyehe Wasallam was asked about Fasting on Mondays. He said, “On that day I was born, and on it the Revelation came to me.” [Muslim, 1162]

♥ It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allah be pleased with her) said: The Prophet SalAllahu Alyehe Wasallam was keen to Fast on Mondays and Thursdays. [Narrated by al-Tirmizi, 745; al-Nasaa’i, 2361; Ibn Maajah, 1739; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb, 1044]

No comments:

Post a Comment